New Jersey Climate Change Research Symposium 2023
Friday, June 2, 2023
Cook Student Center, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, N.J.
Call for Abstracts
The New Jersey Climate Change Research Symposium highlights the latest natural and social science, economics, engineering, and policy research furthering climate change understanding, evaluation, and response in New Jersey and fosters a community of climate scholarship. Eligible submissions include published research (for which a final report, paper, or published material was released after December 31, 2019) or unpublished research (which is currently underway or under review for publication).
Abstract Submission Guidelines
The abstract submission guidelines are as follows:
- Abstract submissions will be considered for posters, oral plenary presentations, or panel sessions of up to four authors.
- Presenting authors and panelists must register for and attend the symposium in person.
- Each abstract submission must provide a concise description of the topic and its relevance and timeliness to the topics of New Jersey climate mitigation (emissions reduction) and/or climate adaptation or resilience.
- Eligible applicants include faculty, staff, post-doctoral associates, and graduate students, affiliated with academic and research organizations (including governmental and nongovernmental organizations).
- Panel session submissions should suggest a title for the full session and include a title for each panelist’s presentation; the abstract should explain how each panelist will contribute to the overall panel topic.
- Poster and oral plenary presentation abstracts are limited to 300 words.
- Panel session abstracts are limited to 800 words.
- The abstract submission deadline is 11:59pm, February 27, 2023.
Please select the type of session you would like to participate in:
Abstracts will be reviewed for quality, relevance to the symposium purpose, and adherence to the submission guidelines. Applicants will be notified of abstract acceptance by email by March 20, 2023. More information about session parameters (session groupings, times, etc.) will be provided at that time. Accepted abstract presenters will be required to pay the registration fee. For more information or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The New Jersey Climate Change Research Symposium is sponsored by the New Jersey Climate Change Resource Center at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.